Thursday, March 12, 2009

Manuela's Garden

Today I planted with a family; cucumber, radish and onion. Nothing particularly special happened (actually, we did see a dust storm kick up right next to her garden, about 6 feet wide that threw off the tin roof of her neighbor's house...) but I had a fun time with this family and they allowed me to take some great shots of them. So, here they are. 
The giggling welcome party; Manuela's kids Wendy and Tono.
I make these waterers by poking holes in the bottoms of cans and give them to the families. The kids particularly like them.
Juana, Manuela's mother-in-law.
Tono was timid of the camera, so I had to trick him by asking him to come into the room; I had the camera ready when he came. When I looked up from the viewfinder he was gone.
Wendy and Tono help out mom with the garden. 
Manuela's weavings. Here she is weaving the traditional top; a guipil, not to sell but for herself to wear. 

No comments: