Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

Thanksgiving weekend was spent here, Sta. Cruz la Laguna, a 20 minute boat ride to a village on the flanks of a volcano with no road access. We had an amazing turkey dinner on the veranda with a slew of travelers and ex-pats. Friday was spent kayaking and cliff jumping and lounging in the hammocks. Saturday for me was spent with my face in a bucket in my room; food poisoning I suspect, and missing the infamous Saturday night BBQ at the hostel. Sunday I still didn't feel well enough to travel so I opted to be sick on the terrace for another day. Unfortunately for her, but fortunately for me, a fellow PCV came down with something as well. We were able to be pathetic together and quiz each other for hours with Trivial Pursuit cards. 
Alana, another Oregon girl, finds maybe the healthiest looking cat in Guatemala, obviously with a diet supplemented by generous travelers.
Wind picked up everyday around noon. Saturday the wind brought some clouds and a beautiful sight to see.
Just after sunrise, the view from the terrace. A man in a wooden canoe is out for a morning paddle.

No comments: