Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tires, Tires...

The work continues with this project of growing potatoes in tires and continues to provide me with wonderful photographic opportunities. 
Team work: Mixing dirt with ash and mulch to make soil to fill in the second tires of each stack.
A sweet little guy, rapidly becoming my new favorite, although I haven't learned his name yet. He doesn't speak Spanish and I don't speak K'iche. Ela translated for him today; he asked me, "When we are going to plant more potatoes?" When little Elkin was mindlessly ripping at the potato leaves, this little one ran to me, tugging at my pants, pointing to alert me.
Yup, everything looks good here.
Filling the edges on the tires first.
It's always a scene....
Don Juan happily waters his newly planted garden at dusk.
A view of Chirijox. In the middle is visible the dirt central plaza and the church with the rusted roof to the right. I live just behind and below the big yellow building on the left edge of the plaza. 

No comments: