Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Baking and Breaking Bread

The days continue to stream by, faster than I imagined. Today started out beautifully with this as my first sight this morning. 
Hamburgers were on the schedule, but with nowhere to buy ground beef I had to improvise. In stead, we made pita bread. I had a record seventeen women show up today; so many that we moved outside for more room.  
This little guy had this concerned look on his face the whole time. Was he discerning world politics? How yeast functions? Or just what a giant white girl is doing in his town...
Working away...
Doña Juana tackles kneading the dough con fuerza!
Manuela and her daughter Lucy observe the process. Manuela is one of my favorties, she has such a joyful spirit in her and her daughter inherited the same demeanor, always playing peek-a-boo with me during class.  

No comments: