Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Fin de Semana

As I sit and write this, my niece Stefani is sitting on my lap. We are listening to Arcade Fire’s Funeral and she is playing along with the mini marimba I got her for her birthday yesterday. I’m not how happy mom was about the gift, but Stefani sure likes it.
I took a nice long stroll the other morning and took these landscape shots. It is so beautiful and so green here. The picture of the Mayan Priestess is another ceremony I was able to attend at the Peace Corps center. The ceremony was to bless us and was very moving. There is also a picture of my sister Irma and her daughter Stefani, eating the gift I just gave her. Atta’ girl. The rest are random photos of the parade today for Independence Day. The parade was all small kids, all dressed up somehow, funny and all of them wanted their picture taken. My family dressed me in the traditional traje today, and with impeccable timing my camera battery died as soon as we were all posed for the picture. The charger is somewhere in Oregon so it may be a little while before any more pictures are posted.

No comments: