Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Creative Space

Hendrick's classes were cancelled today, which is not an uncommon occurrence here. Generally on days when his classes are cancelled Hendrick can be found planted in front of the T.V., sometimes making an appearance outside to kick the ball around for a minute. 
When I came back from my run mid-morning he was set up on the terrace, set up with desk, chair and supplies and looking much like a little artist in his work space.
I didn't think he'd be there long but sure enough, he spent all day there. I decided to pay him a visit with my camera in tow.
Generally making faces for the camera or hiding his face, he invited me to take as many photos as I liked and to stay as long as I liked while he worked away.
We chatted cordially a while as he discussed the 'beautiful view from his terrace' and the projects he'd been working on.
He showed me a painting he completed this morning. 
As I prepared to leave he welcomed me back any time, for as long as I'd like and went right back to his work. 

2 comments:

Ray and Sarah Schafer said...

wow- that was a precious entry. so matter-of-fact. what a cool kid. i think you'll probably be talking about Hendrick for a long, long time...

Expat Mom said...

Well, I can see how he'd be inspired by that view! I'm surprised his papers didn't blow away though. :D