Wednesday, September 2, 2009

This and That

Most of my postings have a focus, but this time I thought I'd just post some random photos of life in Guatemala. 
Hendrick is always hanging around the house when Nic is here because they love to play wrestle and have muscle flexing contests and Hendrick loves to show off all the exercises he knows. This night he invited himself over for dinner. I made broiled asparagus and Hendrick hadn't tried it before. Here I'm showing him the asparagus.
Family dinner. Also final documentation of the length of Nic's beard before the order to trim it. 
The rainy season has brought a whole new array of bugs. This Rhino Beetle found its way into my house one evening.
Nic and I in Antigua with Volcan Agua behind us. We were hanging out with Andrew, Nic's brother who was visiting (more photos of that next post, still waiting to upload) at Sky Cafe.
The view from Sky Cafe's roof top terrace onto Antigua's streets.
The harvest from my house garden. Swiss chard and carrots. The carrots were small but were they tasty!
Cata, a woman on the comittee weaving a guipil, or traditional top (like she is wearing) for her daughter. Septmeber 15 is Independence Day here and all the kids put on a parade with music and flags wearing their newly-woven clothes.
An old man in front of his house. He's wearing the traditional head wrap of this area. 
The same old man, spooling yarn.
The niece of a woman I planted with. She was fascinated with the flip-screen viewer of my camera. 
The church and plaza of Chirijox on a bright but lonely afternoon.

No comments: