Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My Blog

I must admit that a blog is an intimidating thing. It feels to me maybe how a poet or author feels when his first works are published, a mix of courage and humility and anxiousness. All that to say, sorry if my posts are dull or, conversely; lofty. 
Ralph Waldo Emerson titled the emotional current that carries each of us through our inner and outer life "the undersong". I felt this an appropriate title for the adventure that I have embarked on as a Peace Corps Volunteer serving in Guatemala. 
It should be understood that although I do hold strong the value in serving others, this one is all about me. PC for me stood as an opportunity to challenge myself, my reality, my beliefs.  Serving others, living in another culture and speaking another language are all bonuses. Big bonuses, by the way. Hence, a blog, an adventure and maybe a new undersong.
 

2 comments:

Beth G said...

Katie, what a great post. I appreciate your upfrontness and clarity about your motivations. Hope you're doing well,

Beth

Unknown said...

analyse, niah and I walked on the fox hollow trail today. We wanted to find you some treasures. Unfortunetly what she finds as treasures, I find to cost a treasure; rocks! So we are on the search for some nice light weight leaves. Currently she is on the guest bed singing songs to her baby doll; which is actually the ugliest doll I have ever seen. She is still in a time where beauty IS truly in the heart.
We love you and have you on our minds daily!!
big loves and kisses!